Thursday, January 3, 2008

New space, new thoughts

Hello, All.

Welcome to the home of my new blog - an expansion of "What is Worth Knowing" . After some discernment, I decided to switch over to Blogger to make it easier for folk to post comments AND because its software is easier to use.

***

Ah. The beginning of a new year is always so refreshing, though I have to admit that I usually think about a new year beginning NOT on January 1st but on my birthday, which is happily nestled near the beginning of summer.


2007 rushed by at speeds with which I'm less than comfortable. Still, it was a bonny year, filled with much growth and many more surprises. I feel blessed.

The end of 2007 was especially auspicious, celebrating Christmas in Oxford at the "home" of my gracious hosts, Margaret and Bruce. They are lovely people with generous spirits, and I benefited immensely from their hospitality, wisdom and deep appreciation for the world and its inhabitants.

I'll share more about my recent trip to the UK, as well as more detailed musings on 2007, in my next post, so stay tuned.

Having just crossed the threshold into 2008, I pause and wonder what this year will bring me. Some experiences already are carved into the calendar: my wedding (June 28), attending
Saint Mary's College Christian Culture Lecture Series and participating on its board (September 18-19), and acting as a bridesmaid at a dear friend's wedding (October 18). Still, I wonder what else will find me this year.

'Tis exciting to think about, isn't it?

5 comments:

GoJenGo said...

Hi Kelly,
So glad to see your new site. Happy New Year!! :)
Jen

Kelly said...

Thanks, Jen! I am digging it. Happy New Year to you, too. Kel

Patia said...

Found you and subscribed! Congrats on the new blog. I look forward to reading more.

Kelly said...

Hi Patia,

Yea! Your comment came through! Can't wait to correspond more here and on your blog!

Kelly said...

Thanks, babe! I'm digging it. =)