1. Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
2. Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or will it bring me short-term gratification?
3. Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
4. Am I looking for what's right or am I looking for what's wrong?
5. Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
6. Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
7. Does this choice empower me or does it disempower me?
8. Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
9. Is this an act of faith or is it an act of fear?
10. Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?
There were several important points I took away from Ford's book. Here were the ones that rang out for me. I offer them as an example of the interesting nuggets her book offers:
- My only job is to tend to my inner flame and keep it vital and roaring at all costs.
- Are the choices I'm making throughout my day ones that will add fuel to my inner fire?
- Am I following a vision map of all my deepest and most profound dreams OR am I following a default map which smacks of automatic programming?
- What are my real first commitments? These are the beliefs or commitments I have made to myself unconsciously which may prevent conscious goals and dreams from taking flight. Another way to frame this is: what underlying commitments drive us to repeat the same self-sabotaging behaviors over and over again?