Thursday, October 1, 2009

I woke up laughing this morning

It's in the wee hours of the morning, and I woke up rather early thanks to the rumbly engine of a car outside my window. This is not why I woke up laughing. I laughed because the engine also woke up a bird (affectionately named Bentley the Bachelor Bird) that lives above my apartment, encouraging it to begin a passionate 5 minute chirping diatribe against said engine. THIS is why I woke up laughing.

I imagined it grumbling about the neighborhood (chirp, chirp, CHIRP), the ridiculousness of some engine noises (CHIRP!), and why in heavens name were people up so early anyway...on a THURSDAY (CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!).

It made me giggle and I am still giggling but also slightly envious. After chirping off, it managed to fall back asleep but I'm up...for good, methinks. 'Tis okay...it's the first day of a new month and I'll be up to welcome the first rays of sunshine.

No comments: