Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quotes I'm Adoring

This past week I discovered two quotes in my readings that really hit home with me. The first deals with trust and was a powerful reminder that in order to trust others, you must trust yourself first. The last quote reminds us that we are an example to others wherever we go, do and say. I find myself thinking about this little shadow following me around and try to live better because of it.

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."
~ Goethe

***

"In bathrooms, boardrooms, buses, bagel shops, and everywhere else, we all need to imagine a little girl following us around, repeating everything we say and everything we do. Think about all the things you want for yourself and your daughters, granddaughters, and girls everywhere -and teach them by living it yourself."
~ Nell Merlino, in Stepping Out of Line: Lessons For Women Who Want It Their Way In Life, In Love, And At Work.

No comments: