Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Synchronicities

I just finished reading "The New Feminine Brain" by Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz and was struck by this statement she made about Jung (one of my literary boyfriends):
"Jung believes that the images in our environment, including our front yard, are frequently a symbolic communication from our unconscious" (p. 352).

So, with this in mind, I've been trying to make sense of all the band-aids I've been seeing wherever I go. What does this mean? I wonder if I'm supposed to repair something or if I'm peeling off the band-aids (they've looked used) because I'm healed of something. This idea of things being broken and/or getting repaired has even found me in my dreams. Last night, I dreamt that "Pebble Beach was rent in two" (have no idea what that means) and this morning when I hopped in my car, the radio was playing Tom Petty's "You Wreck Me" but I caught the song at the lyric "you break me in two."

I chatted about it with my friend, Lynn, today while running and she just said, "Oh, you're just tidying up and spring cleaning!" And, I had to chuckle, even pausing in mid-stride for a second because she was absolutely right. It's a trend that began last year when, among other decisions, I decided to let go of everyone and everything that no longer felt good to have in my life.

So the journey (and tidying up) continues. I suppose in some ways I'm just sweeping the old out of my interior to make room for the new! Never easy but always necessary.

2 comments:

Captain America said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain America said...

"spring cleaning"--I hope this refers to me. I never get honorable mention. So if it does, then good. As they say: "All is well that ends well..."
~best and brightest and warmest