Monday, March 30, 2009

Time in the New Mexican desert

I just returned from an amazing trip to New Mexico and the mesas surrounding Santa Fe. The trip was so restorative and invigorating that I'm trying to keep up with all the new ideas which have flooded my mind since my arrival and subsequent departure. In the coming days, I'll post poems, musings and some pictures of my time there...hoping to do this land and its people justice.

Until then, enjoy these quotes about New Mexico:

"If you ever go to New Mexico, it will itch you for the rest of your life."
~ Georgia O'Keeffe, 1960

"When I got to New Mexico that was mine. As soon as I saw it that was my country. I'd never seen anything like it before, but it fitted to me exactly. It's something in the air--it's different. The sky is different, the wind is different. I shouldn't say too much about it because other people may be interested and I don't want them interested."
~ Georgia O'Keeffe, 1976

2 comments:

Margaret said...

New Mexico--now let me see, would that be Sun country? Loved this post and your Tarot post, great to see sunshine pouring into your life! (and thanks for the link to my blog, very kind!)

Kelly said...

hee, hee. you are right, maragaret! more sun! i am hungry for it. i plan to write more about my time in new mexico and about tarot, so please stay tuned.

last, i am really enjoying your blog and am finding all kinds of inspiration there. i just purchased my very own copy of "the artist's way", which i remember you telling me about and am keen to begin my morning pages!

with love, kelly